I am a returning customer
Congratulations! Your new account has been successfully created!
You can now take advantage of member privileges to enhance your online shopping experience with us.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please e-mail the store owner.
A confirmation has been sent to the provided e-mail address. If you have not received it within the hour, please contact us.
You have been logged off your account. It is now safe to leave the computer.
Your shopping cart has been saved, the items inside it will be restored whenever you log back into your account.
Colombo GH Test is a drip test for determining the so-called General hardness, showing the total
minerals dissolved in water such as calcium and magnesium. These minerals are essential for balance in your aquatic ecosystem.
The optimum GH value in fresh water (in both aquariums and ponds) is 8 to 12 ° DH.
The total and carbonate hardness of water is measured in degrees of hardness DH.
When the GH is above 15 ° DH the water is considered too hard and when the GH is below 8 ° DH it is too soft.
How to test for GH:
1. Take a 5 ml sample of water.
2. Add 5 drops of GH-1 Test Liquid and mix, the sample should be dark red to purple.
3. Add 1 drop of GH-2 Test Liquid and stir each time. When the sample turns blue, the GH is below 1 ° DH.
4. Add GH-2 Test Fluid drop by drop and stir until sample turns blue.
5. The number of droplets added to change the color from dark red / magenta to blue is equal to the GH value in ° DH,
therefore 2 drops = 2 ° DH, 3 drops = 3 ° DH and so on, so you can determine the GH level of the water in the pond.
The package includes: 1 test tube and 2 dropper bottles with a reagent, a syringe.
The volume of reagents is enough for 40 measurements.